Living abroad, there is so much to do and so little downtime. You have a new home base and traveling frequently. There are so many new experiences and activities you are going to have. Here are a few tips to be as successful as possible abroad.
- Make a list of everything you want to do. There is so much to do and so little time. The best way to make sure you do everything you want to is by making a list. Making a list can help you narrow down what you must do and see.
- Go out of your comfort zone. Going abroad is already a scary and new experience. It is a once in a lifetime experience that you will most likely not have again. There are going to be activities and adventures that seem scary. Do them anyway! You will never be in this situation again. Regardless of what the situation is, push yourself to do it. The outcome will be worth it, I promise.
- Keep a journal. So much is happening so fast. You want to be able to remember it. Having a journal will allow you to jot down your day to day activities that you will have for a lifetime.
- Make the experience your own. Going abroad with friends is great and exciting. However, there are sometimes when not everyone is going to want to do the same things. Don’t let this discourage what you want to do. Still go and do something even if your friends don’t want to do it. Enjoy and go off on your own.
- Live in the moment. As great as social media is, it can sometimes take over and alter your experience. Take pictures, take videos, but don’t let it affect your experience. Be 100% present and enjoy.